[MlMt] Migrating from Postbox

Kai Großjohann kai.grossjohann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:58:11 EDT 2015

I was quite unhappy about MailMate's lack of support for local
mailboxes.  But then I thought I should not complain, and so what I did
was to install Dovecot on my Mac using Homebrew.  Then I created an
account in my old email program and moved the messages into the local
Dovecot installation from there.  Then I quit the old email program and
I began using MailMate.

Note that this means (I think) that the messages are on disk twice, once
in the local Dovecot installation and once in MailMate's disk cache.
Oh, well.

Kai