[MlMt] Any way to prevent auto-correcting two spaces after a period to one?

Ben Klebe benklebe at icloud.com
Sun Jun 7 23:21:06 EDT 2015

I can only offer this shrewd bit of insight from Matthew Butterick’s excellent Practical Typography: http://practicaltypography.com/one-space-between-sentences.html

"I know that many peo­ple were taught to put two spaces be­tween sen­tences. I was too. But these days, us­ing two spaces is an ob­so­lete habit. Some say the habit orig­i­nated in the type­writer era. Oth­ers be­lieve it be­gan ear­lier. But guess what? It doesn’t mat­ter. Be­cause ei­ther way, it’s not part of to­day’s ty­po­graphic prac­tice."

Sincerely,

Ben Klebe