[MlMt] Sync Problems with IMAP Server

John Wright johnw3031 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 13:16:23 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Is it normal for MailMate to spend all it’s time syncing with the IMAP mail server?  That is, the spinning pinwheels never stop (I have been watching this for the past five hours!), and new mail messages can take up to half an hour or longer to display in MailMate. The same message, cc’d to an Apple Mail address will display within minutes, as did Outlook when I was running that against the same mail server (via POP not IMAP).

I have ~1,900 messages in my inbox. By comparison I have 12,900 Gmail messages in my Apple Mail Inbox, and there were about 4,500 messages in my Outlook Inbox. AND Please do not respond with comments on how I should be managing the messages in my respective Inboxes. That is not the point of my query. I am considering MailMate as a replacement for Outlook which has corrupted itself again, but MailMate’s slow response to new mail is a concern, as is the continual spinning pin wheels for the syncing.

My configuration is Mac 8GB RAM / Yosemite 10.10.4. MailMate 1.9.1 (5084). MailMate is using <2.5% CPU. System Idle ~90%. I have switched MailMate’s Synchronisation Schedule from “Connected” to “Every 10 Minutes”, but this didn’t make any noticeable difference to the spinning pin wheels.

Thank you for your assistance,
John.