[MlMt] check whether a recipient is in a certain group?

Mon Jul 13 19:01:53 EDT 2015

On 13 Jul 2015, at 15:57, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> Is there any way to have MailMate check recipients against a list of
> approved addresses more directly? Ideally, of course, it would be able
> to check against a group I've created in the Contacts app; last
> December you said that "This is a relatively high priority and a
> frequent request, but I cannot give you a time frame."

I should simply stop indicating that anything is ever going to be
implemented :-)

> In the meantime, any workaround that would let me easily see and
> maintain a list of approved addresses would be a great improvement
> (such as, oh, if I could send myself a message with a list of email
> addresses in the body, and have MailMate check whether all recipients
> of an outgoing message are contained in the body of that message? Then
> I could just update that message to myself as needed).
>
> Is there any way in which something like this is possible? Or do I
> need to stick with the kludge I have?

I think you might have answered this question yourself. Create a draft
in an otherwise empty IMAP mailbox, put the email addresses in the body
of the messages, and then create a check using a condition like:

	#recipient.address ~ $UUID.#unquoted

(Use the UUID of the IMAP mailbox. Put it on the pasteboard using ⌘C
after selecting the mailbox.)

But I don't know if that really works. It tests a comparison method
which is not available using the GUI and it has undergone little
testing.