[MlMt] check whether a recipient is in a certain group?

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 18:21:25 EDT 2015

On 13 Jul 2015, at 19:01, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2015, at 15:57, Shoshanna Green wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to have MailMate check recipients against a list of
>> approved addresses more directly?
>
> I think you might have answered this question yourself. Create a draft
> in an otherwise empty IMAP mailbox, put the email addresses in the
> body of the messages, and then create a check using a condition like:
>
> 	#recipient.address ~ $UUID.#unquoted
>
> (Use the UUID of the IMAP mailbox. Put it on the pasteboard using ⌘C
> after selecting the mailbox.)
>
> But I don't know if that really works. It tests a comparison method
> which is not available using the GUI and it has undergone little
> testing.

Darn it, I was all excited about this, but I created the mailbox, the
message with the list of addresses, and the condition check, and hitting
SEND on a test message produced a spinning pizza followed by a crash.

Back to the old kludge, I guess, but I hope something better will be
possible someday!

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com