[MlMt] mailmate Digest, Vol 46, Issue 41

Esteban Umerez Argaia esteban at umerez.eu
Fri Jan 30 12:40:47 EST 2015

On 30 Jan 2015, at 18:00, mailmate-request at lists.freron.com wrote:

> I had created a script for this using Automator once.  Not for inline
> images but for another purpose.  What I ended up with was a service
> menu option to resize the image and save it in a particular format.

Thanks, Curtis. LaunchBar provides very convenient Actions for easily
resizing images. You select an image in the Finder, Instant Send it to
LaunchBar, and type a few keys so the Resize to 75%, 50%, 25%, etc
Actions appear. It's pretty easy.

> Hopefully, that could provide a stopgap or ease the current potential
> tedium Esteban?

But the tedium (good word) I see with that workflow in MailMate is: I
drag'n'drop the image to my mail message. The Preview shows the inline
image is too big. So I have to remove the image attached, go back to the
file in the Finder, resize a copy using LaunchBar, drag it back to the
mail message and hope it has the right size. If it doesn't, go back
through all steps again. I have given up using inline images because of
that, I just send them as attachments and lose the visual advantage that
inline images provide.

That's why I think the best way would be to use the Markdown syntax and
be able to resize the view of the inline image directly in the mail
message. But I have no idea how to do that, of course.

Thanks to all.

Esteban Umerez