[MlMt] custom warning based on To field

Jason Davies ophiochoslists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:08:37 EST 2015

Hi folks

I'm running 1.8 (5035)

We've suddenly got lots of mailing lists at work set to 'reply to
list'... and I've just posted a rather awkward message to the whole
department instead of the recipient;(

So I've been trying to work out if I can get Mailmate to issue a check
when I reply (send messages with specific addresses), with the logic

If To address contains (mystring)
then -- warning (eg sound, dialog via Applescript)

in the Rules. I hoped it would work much as the attachment warning
system (which duly popped up for this message;))

But firstly, the Rules for Drafts only *appear* to offer Run Script as
an option -- the only things offered are the bundles I have installed
(is that as expected?)

  I also tried a custom sound in the Rule but this led to the discovery
that Mailmate is not playing *any* sounds even when selected in the
Preferences.

I have delay enabled so any kind of warning would be sufficient (visual
is better). Can anyone help me get this to work? (It sounds like my
installation has gone a bit hinky, I can't get the new BBEdit bundle to
work either...)