[MlMt] Submailbox for Gmail Account receiving for Multiple Addresses

Thu Jan 22 04:22:26 EST 2015

On 22 Jan 2015, at 9:02, Steve Mosley wrote:

> So I have a single google apps account (names changed to protect the
> innocent)

The owners of `test.com` might not appreciate that ;-) For the record,
the [standard](https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2606#section-3) dummy
domains are `example.{com|net|org|}`.

> me at test.com and then an old gmail address me at gmail.com which I'm
> trying to stop using.
>
> I've set it up so that all email is forwarded to me at test.com and I've
> got it setup so I can send as me at gmail.com from that account as well.
>
> All is good that way, now I want to create sub-mailboxes so I can
> easily see which emails were sent to the old address ... and trying to
> figure out the correct rule.

Do you only have these 2 addresses? In that case, why not just create 2
smart mailboxes. One matching emails where `me at gmail.com` is in
“Recipient ▸ Address” (or “Delivered-To”) and one where it is
not?

Below I'm going to assume you have multiple variations for both
addresses (such as `me+variant at gmail.com`).

> To->Address doesn't work because of being on CC or BCC lists
> so
> Recipient->Address doesn't work well because of being multi valued
>
> Looking at other headers on the messages ... Delivered-To seems like
> it might work, on emails directly to me at test.com its set correct, and
> on emails to me at gmail.com its set twice, once for each address ... so
> that won't be pretty but might work.

Maybe you could start by dividing the emails into two groups as
described above.

> The problem is while the content of the sub mailboxes is correct, both
> groups are labelled "me at test.com, me at gmail.com"
>
> Any advice?

The problem of multi-value headers was fixed yesterday although I have a
bug report about it (also on this list). You can get a test release
(r5041) by holding down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the
Software Update preferences pane.