[MlMt] Threading Confusion

Marco Carmosino marco at ntime.org
Sun Jan 18 12:41:58 EST 2015

The "threaded inbox" smart folder described by Benny is actually perfect
for my purposes, thanks, and it is indeed working dynamically, sorry for
the confusion.

The only issue remaining is mailing lists: there are two "starting"
messages for the thread, one reflected by the mailing list and one from
my Sent Messages folder, showing up in my "Threaded Inbox". MailMate
hangs the thread off the copy of the initial message from my Sent
Messages folder. And the same will happen with this message: two copies
of my reply will show up in the threaded inbox, one from Sent Messages
and one from the list.

I suppose I could just work with mailing lists completely separately, by
moving anything from a mailing list out of my inbox and using the
mailing lists smart folder. Since my replies are bounced to me, I'll
have the whole conversation in there without having to match thread-id
anyway.

How do people deal with this in MailMate? Currently I've got "thread-id
is in Inbox Thread-id", "list-id does not exist", and "Source > Path is
not Drafts", so that replies to mailing list threads that are still
living in the underlying INBOX folder don't show up. Of course, this
splits my inbox in a bit of a weird way. I think ideally I'd prefer
"live" threads from mailing lists in my Threaded inbox, without the
duplicate messages.

Currently I'm trying to figure out some way to write "exclude messages
in Drafts and Sent messages that are in reply to or sent to any mailing
list", I think this would achieve what I want.

Thanks,

-- Marco