[MlMt] 2do not working and neither does flag message

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 07:48:28 EST 2015

>> Remind me again how I can debug such bundle ?
>
> Run MailMate from the Terminal to see if any errors are output when
> executing the command.
>
> 	/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate
>
> I've just installed a trial of 2Do and tried its single command. The
> app was launched and a task added. I don't know why it doesn't work
> for you. Have you tried using the `twodo:` URL scheme from the command
> line?

twodo works from command line.

here is the error:

Warning: Failed to run command
(/var/folders/yv/ps38s9f52zdgs9wnh8hl8gz80000gn/T/mailmate_command.WvEsJw:
/Users/max/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Bundles/2Do.mmBundle/Support/bin/add:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby: bad
interpreter: No such file or directory
):
#!/bin/bash
"${MM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT}/bin/add"

I don't see any ref to ruby 1.8 in the 2do bundle.

I have ruby 1.9 and 2.0 installed so not sure why it thinks it needs 1.8
?

> A bit off topic: Note that the bundle is on
> [github](https://github.com/mailmate/2do.mmbundle). You can fork it
> and then clone it to the regular bundles folder to work on it:
>
> 	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Bundles/
>
> If I change/fix anything then that is going to be the fastest way to
> get my changes. Once in a while I'll run a script which grabs all the
> bundles from github and updates archived/signed versions on my server.
> MailMate (64 bit) automatically looks for updated bundles which means
> this works without MailMate itself being updated. For example, the
> Calendar and Todoist bundles were quietly updated a few days ago.
> (TextMate 2.0 users might recognize how all of this works.)
>
> I haven't used github much in the past, but my long term hope is that
> a few power users are willing to help maintain some of the bundles in
> the future. (They can also be hosted elsewhere if preferred.)

github works fine for me :)

> I'll wait until this issue has been resolved, but I would like to
> change the name and shortcut for the 2Do command to match the other
> task related bundles. Right now it matches the calendar bundles.
>
>> And since 2do was not working I wanted to at least flag some of my
>> messages and mark as flag does nothing ...at least the flag does not
>> show up despite mailmate flickering when I try do mark as flagged.
>>
>> any ideas ?
>
> I have no reports about this. This is Gmail? Since it flickers then it
> sounds like MailMate tries to set the flag server-side and then either
> fails or the server changes it back for some reason. Try observing
> what happens in “Activity Viewer” (⌥⌘0) and let me know what
> you find.

it looks like it does the right thing.

12:43:41 Storing flags
12:43:41 C: H16 UID FETCH 3765879 (FLAGS)
12:43:41 S: * 935 FETCH (UID 3765879 FLAGS (\Seen))
12:43:41 S: H16 OK UID FETCH completed
12:43:41 Completed action (1007). Observed read/write timeouts: 8/8

but flag is not shown in UI.

same issue on both zimbra imap and gmail imap.

But as far as I can see the flags are not actually stored (web client
can't see/find it)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen