[MlMt] Extremely slow performance (UI and actions) on a clean setup

Mon Jan 5 15:17:42 EST 2015

On 5 Jan 2015, at 17:06, Joshua Kehn wrote:

> I setup MailMate on a new computer. For the most part I've gotten
> everything fixed up (custom keyboard shortcuts and the like). However,
> all the sources continually spin. This is both Gmail _and_ non-Gmail
> (FastMail) accounts. I've gotten 2-3 beachballs just typing this
> message. Archiving a message takes ~5-10s for the UI to confirm it's
> done, then a beachball.
>
> The only thing I can think of is this is a download/import thing but
> they are all IMAP accounts. Shouldn't it limit how many messages it
> downloads from the server at once?

No, MailMate is a fully offline email client which means it fetches all
emails in all of your accounts. This can take some time, especially for
large Gmail accounts since Google throttles the bandwidth.

You might see better performance with the 64 bit beta, but it's probably
still best to just leave MailMate alone until all accounts are fully
synchronized (no spinners).