[MlMt] keeping sent mail with other mail

Edward Thome ethome at murraystate.edu
Wed Feb 18 19:56:49 EST 2015

On 18 Feb 2015, at 14:17, Marco Carmosino wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I actually had a fantastically helpful conversation on this mailing
> list that led to the following smart folder, "Threaded Inbox", which
> always has threading turned on:
>
> Any of:
>
> 	All of:
> 		Thread-id is in Inbox Thread-id
> 		Source > Path is Inbox/Sent Messages
> 		Message-id is not in Mailing Lists Message-Id
>
> 	All of:
> 		Thread-id is in Inbox Thread-id
> 		Source > Path is not Inbox/Sent Messages
>
> This has the effect of including whole conversations in my inbox so
> that my replies are included in threads (by sourcing from Sent Mail)
> and filtering out duplicates from mailing lists (by using the
> message-ids in the Mailing Lists smart folder), without BCCing myself
> or anything.

I found this very interesting, but I had a question.  How does one set
up the entries:
  		Source > Path is Inbox/Sent Messages
or
		Source > Path is not Inbox/Sent Messages
in either of the two lines above?

For me,
  		Source > Path is Inbox/Sent Messages
causes the first "ALL" to not generate any emails, and in the second
"ALL", the same emails are listed whether or not
  		Source > Path is not Inbox/Sent Messages
is in there. So I am guessing that I am making some error in how I set
it up.

Thank you,
Ed