[MlMt] keeping sent mail with other mail

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Wed Feb 18 11:50:53 EST 2015

On 2015-02-18 02:24, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

> I used to have a lot of rules that moved both received and sent mails
> to folders per person/company/project etc. Always fretting where to
> stora mail, "Is this more project or company or …".
>
> With MailMate I dump everything I have processed in to "Archive" and
> let all sent mails stay in "Sent". Quick and easy.

True, and MailMate's smart folder feature is indeed a thing of beauty.
However, after twenty years of using and dealing with email, of having
loved Eudora until it expired, of having been forced to use Outlook
under various flavors of Windows, of having used Apple Mail until its
integration with Gmail broke horribly, and finally having moved my mail
from Gmail to a personal host with MailMate as my primary (but not
unique) mail access program, I'm not willing to file my mail in such a
way that *only* MailMate will be able to intelligently retrieve it for
me. My mail client must be smart enough to file my mail where I can find
it without the use of my preferred mail client. And so I depend on
rules.