[MlMt] keeping sent mail with other mail

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Wed Feb 18 03:24:24 EST 2015

Shoshanna Green 2015-02-17 15:02 wrote:

> But this morning it occurred to me that MMate's experimental 2.0
> feature of Rules lets me just set up a rule on my Sent Messages
> mailbox that says to move all incoming messages to my Inbox! So
> simple. So obvious.

I used to have a lot of rules that moved both received and sent mails to
folders per person/company/project etc. Always fretting where to stora
mail, "Is this more project or company or …".

With MailMate I dump everything I have processed in to "Archive" and let
all sent mails stay in "Sent". Quick and easy.

I then use MailMates (really) Smart folders to organise all mails
(received and sent) according to person/company/project. With Smart
folders one mail can "be in" several folders, person and project e.g.

Many Smart folders are simply this:

Mailboxes: All Messages
Conditions: Any Address -> Domain is "example.com"

MailMates smart folders and custom keybindings are for me its killer
features.

Fredrik