[MlMt] How do I find out what Smart Folders a message can be found in?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 05:25:53 EST 2015

On 16 Feb 2015, at 9:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 12 Feb 2015, at 19:26, Helen Holzgrafe wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to see what Smart Folders a message can be found in
>> without opening each folder and looking for it in its list of
>> messages?
>
> No.
>
>> In Apple Contacts you can select a contact and then press the option
>> button and the groups a contact is part of will temporarily turn blue
>> and bold in the list of groups on the left of the window.
>
> I didn't know that.
>
>> Is there something like that in MailMate? Can I suggest that or
>> better yet a popup contextual menu or something like that?
>>
>> I see this as an easier way to make sure a message is actually
>> filtering into the Smart Folders I think it is supposed to.  If it
>> was presented as a contextual list of those Smart Folders it would
>> allow me to easily select one that is not working correctly and edit
>> it.
>
> I don't think holding down ⌥ is a good solution for MailMate, but
> maybe it could be a toggle-shortcut which enables/disables the blue
> color used in Contacts. I'm not sure how to name such a feature
> though: “View ▸ Emphasize Related Mailboxes” ?

If this would be cheap operation that sounds good, but if not it would
be great with a hotkey to somehow hold down to highlight them....maybe
even just show the list of the folders since I got so many that I would
have to scroll to see the highlights.

Maybe Goto Related Mailbox ⌥<that other character>T
?

max