[MlMt] How do I find out what Smart Folders a message can be found in?

Mon Feb 16 03:36:40 EST 2015

On 12 Feb 2015, at 19:26, Helen Holzgrafe wrote:

> Is there a way to see what Smart Folders a message can be found in
> without opening each folder and looking for it in its list of
> messages?

No.

> In Apple Contacts you can select a contact and then press the option
> button and the groups a contact is part of will temporarily turn blue
> and bold in the list of groups on the left of the window.

I didn't know that.

> Is there something like that in MailMate? Can I suggest that or better
> yet a popup contextual menu or something like that?
>
> I see this as an easier way to make sure a message is actually
> filtering into the Smart Folders I think it is supposed to.  If it was
> presented as a contextual list of those Smart Folders it would allow
> me to easily select one that is not working correctly and edit it.

I don't think holding down ⌥ is a good solution for MailMate, but
maybe it could be a toggle-shortcut which enables/disables the blue
color used in Contacts. I'm not sure how to name such a feature though:
“View ▸ Emphasize Related Mailboxes” ?

(Just thinking out loud -- not making any promises.)