[MlMt] spacebar: scroll message, or toggle headers?

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 15:06:20 EST 2015

I'm currently trying out MailMate; though I can't switch to it until it
has a "correspondent" column, I'm enjoying getting to know it,
experimenting with keybindings and verification-before-sending (a major
plus for me). So I'm likely to be asking a bunch of questions. Here's
one.

When I open a message I've received, often I'm going to want to scroll
down to read it all. But if I immediately hit the spacebar, it toggles
between full and compact headers. I have to click in the message body to
focus it, and only then will the spacebar scroll the message.

There's got to be a way around this, right? Every review talks about how
keyboard-focused MailMate is (another big plus!); I can't possibly
always have to click before I can scroll with the keyboard? Besides, I
almost never want compact headers anyway.

Thanks for any help!

--
Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com