[MlMt] Stop bugging me about smtp server being down ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:13:24 EST 2015

On 4 Dec 2015, at 13:18, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 4 Dec 2015, at 8:21, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> Normally mailmate just put the mail into its outbound queue when i'm
>> offline (off vpn)
>> but from time to time it shows up an error dialog.
>>
>> Is there a way I can get mailmate to stop showing a "smtp server"
>> error dialog when my VPN is not up
>> and just keep it in the outbound queue ?
>
> I'm afraid not. What you need is some way to take SMTP offline like it
> can be done for IMAP accounts or, maybe better, make SMTP quietly
> retry (like IMAP). I'll give it some thought.

What I don't grok is why MailMate most of the time don't tell me, stays
silent and happily wait hours/days until I connect to VPN and mails
instantly gets sent out.

So *somehow* mailmate is okey in most cases to not nag me and just keep
messages in outbox until connection can be made.

What is the difference ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen