[MlMt] Local email archiving status/options?

Thu Aug 27 08:29:11 EDT 2015

On 25 Aug 2015, at 19:26, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> A big +1 for a new feature of right-click-on-mailbox -> "Export This
> Mailbox" with at least .mbox as one of the output formats. I'm fine if
> that is the only output format, but maildir would be useful as well.

In the latest test version I've included a bundle named “Export”
which uses the `formail` trick described by Bill Cole to create an mbox
file. It has a setting which can be used to specify a destination folder
(see the “Command ▸ Export” menu). If the destination is the
Desktop and you archive an email located in “Archive/2013” in an
account named “My Account” then it would result in the email being
appended to this file:

	~/Desktop/My Account/Archive/2013.mbox

That is, if it works as expected. In theory, you could select all emails
in an account and have them exported to mbox-files; one mbox file for
each mailbox. (I don't know how this actually performs since I haven't
tried.)

The bundle can be used as a starting point if you want to do something
more advanced.