[MlMt] Local email archiving status/options?

David O'Donnell david at davidbodonnell.com
Thu Aug 27 09:01:30 EDT 2015

On 27 Aug 2015, at 8:29, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> In the latest test version I've included a bundle named “Export”
> which uses the `formail` trick described by Bill Cole to create an
> mbox file. It has a setting which can be used to specify a destination
> folder (see the “Command ▸ Export” menu). If the destination is
> the Desktop and you archive an email located in “Archive/2013” in
> an account named “My Account” then it would result in the email
> being appended to this file:
>
> 	~/Desktop/My Account/Archive/2013.mbox
>
> That is, if it works as expected. In theory, you could select all
> emails in an account and have them exported to mbox-files; one mbox
> file for each mailbox. (I don't know how this actually performs since
> I haven't tried.)

Benny,

You are awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this function! It
works perfectly with learnspam and now I can shelve Apple Mail forever.

FWIW, selecting all the mail in my “Junk” top-level folder and
running the export command on it produces one file inside a folder for
each account, which is quite sufficient for my needs.

--
![](http://fates.org/2014-09-dbo-sig.png)