[MlMt] Local email archiving status/options?

Marco Carmosino marco at ntime.org
Tue Aug 25 13:46:19 EDT 2015

For whatever it's worth, I use http://offlineimap.org to archive email
locally but keep it on the server, and then unsubscribe from the folder
in MailMate. I also do not care about storage costs, I just want my
email in an "interchange" format. This works for me. It brings down
messages in well-formatted maildir, which can then be easily converted
to mbox.

I think a lot of reasonable email archive type programs also support
maildir though.