[MlMt] Bad Password looping.

Ben Hyde bhyde at pobox.com
Wed Aug 26 12:04:52 EDT 2015

New user here, eight days into the trial.

I have two sources of email; exchange and gmail.  Yesterday my exchange
vendor decided to upgrade everything, so
there was a long period when things didn’t work very well.

During that period MailMate would complain that the password was wrong.

My first issue: it get’s in a loop.  If you cancel or provide a
password it almost immediately pops up the same complaint.  It is
extremely hard to get out of this state.  I was able to quit, finally,
by slipping the cmd-Q into the short moment after hitting cancel

The second issue is more odd.  It took me a while to realize I the
Sources could be individually disabled via the menu that pops up if I
middle click on the source name in the main viewer.  If I take them both
offline I can work on the mail I’ve already received.

So my second issue is that if I bring up only the gmail source I get
prompted for the exchange account’s email.

There is a work around, i.e. set the exchange offline and to sync
manually.   If I do sync manually I fall back into the first issue.

Curiously if I manage to hit quit and escape from issue one land it will
unwind the work in progress, close all the windows, and then - just for
good measure - pop up 2 or three additional requests for the password.

Hope this is helpful.  - ben