[MlMt] Bad Password looping.

Wed Aug 26 16:46:54 EDT 2015

On 26 Aug 2015, at 18:04, Ben Hyde wrote:

> During that period MailMate would complain that the password was
> wrong.
>
> My first issue: it get’s in a loop.  If you cancel or provide a
> password it almost immediately pops up the same complaint.  It is
> extremely hard to get out of this state.  I was able to quit, finally,
> by slipping the cmd-Q into the short moment after hitting cancel

This is of course not ideal, but a workaround you can use in the future
is to take the machine offline. That should prevent the automatic
retrying.

> The second issue is more odd.  It took me a while to realize I the
> Sources could be individually disabled via the menu that pops up if I
> middle click on the source name in the main viewer.  If I take them
> both offline I can work on the mail I’ve already received.
>
> So my second issue is that if I bring up only the gmail source I get
> prompted for the exchange account’s email.
>
> There is a work around, i.e. set the exchange offline and to sync
> manually.   If I do sync manually I fall back into the first issue.
>
> Curiously if I manage to hit quit and escape from issue one land it
> will unwind the work in progress, close all the windows, and then -
> just for good measure - pop up 2 or three additional requests for the
> password.
>
> Hope this is helpful.

It's a bit confusing, but that is probably just because the whole
experience is suboptimal. I think I already have fixed some issues which
might be related. Therefore I'd like you to try the latest test version:
Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update
preferences pane. Then let me know if the problems persist. You can use
“Help ▸ Send Feedback” since I don't think it's of general
interest to the list.