[MlMt] Custom message text/background colors?

Sun Aug 23 04:29:42 EDT 2015

On 22 Aug 2015, at 13:10, Brian Scholl wrote:

> I am considering migrating to MailMate, and have what I hope is a
> simple question:

Well, the answer is not so simple :-)

> Is there some way to customize the colors of both the text and the
> window/pane background, both when reading

You can store the attached file in the following folder (you need to
create some of the folders):

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Resources/MmMessagesWebView/

This only works for plain text emails, but you can enable “Prefer
plain text” in the Viewer preferences pane if you like.

If you really want to make it work for HTML messages then it's not so
easily done. Consider the following a hack. Create this file:

	~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/MmMessagesWebView/html_stylesheet.css

And it should contain something like this:

~~~css
* {
	background-color: black !important;
	color: white !important;
}
~~~

This literally kills all existing color styling and forces white on
black. It also overrides the settings of the file I attached.

> and composing messages?

It's not currently possibly to change the background color of the
composer, but I might be willing to look into that. (A workaround is to
use the support for an external text editor.)