[MlMt] Trouble connecting to iCloud (certificate validation)

Thu Aug 20 06:32:40 EDT 2015

On 20 Aug 2015, at 12:13, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> On 18 Aug 2015, at 22:48, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I think this boils down to that either the server some times leaves
>> out the intermediate certificate or some times MailMate (or the Apple
>> framework used by MailMate) somehow ignores it. I'll look into adding
>> some debug output to learn more (and I believe I can also improve
>> parts of the code since MailMate now requires 10.7+).
>
> I can confirm I also see this iCloud issue,

I've introduced a debug variable to learn more about this:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDebugCertificates -bool YES

Those of you with this issue can enable it. When getting the error
message then MailMate saves the certificates to a folder here:

	/tmp/mailmate/

I'd appreciate a copy of those certificates. That'll help me to make
sure the server is not the main problem.

> but i've also started often to get "SSL handshake negotiation failed"
> (don't have the full correct text - forgot to take a screenshot ;/)
> that seem to happen often when sending
> mails via gmail SMTP.

Wonderful, another periodic issue :-)

> I don't see anything curious in the activity viewer.
>
> Happened every day the last few days - eventually the mail gets sent
> out; but takes a bunch of retries.

Maybe try hardcoding the account to use port 587 to see if that makes a
difference. And let me know if you see any kind of pattern to this
behavior which might provide a hint to where to look for issues.