[MlMt] Trouble connecting to iCloud (certificate validation)

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 06:13:50 EDT 2015

On 18 Aug 2015, at 22:48, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> I think this boils down to that either the server some times leaves
> out the intermediate certificate or some times MailMate (or the Apple
> framework used by MailMate) somehow ignores it. I'll look into adding
> some debug output to learn more (and I believe I can also improve
> parts of the code since MailMate now requires 10.7+).

I can confirm I also see this iCloud issue, but i've also started often
to get "SSL handshake negotiation failed" (don't have the full correct
text - forgot to take a screenshot ;/) that seem to happen often when
sending
mails via gmail SMTP.

Ha - it just happened on trying to send this email.

![](cid:DAF767A9-3A31-428C-9C9A-79247D5E8698 at gmail.com
"Re___MlMt__Trouble_connecting_to_iCloud__certificate_validation_.png")

I don't see anything curious in the activity viewer.

Happened every day the last few days - eventually the mail gets sent
out; but takes a bunch of retries.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen