[MlMt] Trouble connecting to iCloud (certificate validation)

Paula R T Coelho paulartcoelho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:44:13 EDT 2015

​off-topic (of MM):​

> That's because the user in question is unwisely using an Avast "security"
> suite that installs its own trusted root CA certificate and proceeds to
> hijack all SSL traffic and proxy it using bogus certificates signed by the
> Avast CA. This is a truly terrible behavioral model for supposed "security"
> software but it is common in commercial AV. That user has effectively
> handed full control of his computer and everything it does to the Avast
> snake oil hucksters.

​oh, thanks for letting me know :).

i dislike solutions like avast, but recently safari has been infected and
​"​
​"​
spammed hundreds of contacts in less than 48h until i realized what was
going on.
​then i installed avast, hoping it would prevent that. ​
any advice
​ to put me in the line of "real" security​
?

​p.