[MlMt] Archive in mailbox with dynamic name?

Sat Apr 25 08:31:03 EDT 2015

On 25 Apr 2015, at 8:25, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> What I would like to be able to do is to move messages to a mailbox
> which is:
>
> 	"/Archives/"${#date.month}
>
> ...and this on a specific IMAP Account (i.e. I have multiple IMAP
> accounts and want to move to one of them).
>
> So I guess my question is whether one can have a variable as target to
> a moveToMailbox rule?

Well, I guess it's really two questions. Moving to an explicit account
requires an `imap:` URL. You can get this by selecting an IMAP mailbox
and then use ⌘C to put it on the pasteboard. You'll get something
like:

	imap://username%40example.com@imap.example.com/Archive

The simple answer to the other question is no. The `moveToMailbox:`
binding takes the argument verbatim. There is no expansion of variables.
I guess I could introduce something like `moveToMailboxFormat:` for this
purpose. I'll consider that.

The most flexible solution is to create a bundle command which based on
the given message returns an action which tells MailMate to move the
message. This would not be limited to format strings. I could perhaps be
persuaded to provide an example, but I don't have time right now :-)