[MlMt] Configuring MailMate for showing messages not covered by any "rule" (or automatically move mails)

Wed Sep 24 03:33:22 EDT 2014

On 24 Sep 2014, at 9:28, Rasmus Møller Selsmark wrote:

> From reading the MailMate docs on the topic (and what I can see in
> Gmail interface), I was under the impression that Gmail only supported
> labeling mails, not moving them, which means that they effectively all
> stays in the inbox.

Gmail has made it a bit confusing since a Gmail label is an IMAP
mailbox. Or more precisely, if the filter removes the message from the
Inbox (archives it), then it's like moving a message to an IMAP mailbox
with the label name. If the message stays in the Inbox then the label is
more like a tag in MailMate. If configured in the Tags preferences pane
then MailMate automatically hides the IMAP mailbox for the label and
displays a tag for the message instead. I fully understand if that is
more than a bit confusing ;-)