[MlMt] Configuring MailMate for showing messages not covered by any "rule" (or automatically move mails)

Rasmus Møller Selsmark rasmus at unity3d.com
Wed Sep 24 03:28:51 EDT 2014

Thanks for your suggestions. Also to Mike.

> Gmail supports server-side filtering. I suggest you create a filter
> which moves these messages to a separate IMAP mailbox. You can then
> base your smart folders on that (including the default Mailing Lists
> mailbox).

 From reading the MailMate docs on the topic (and what I can see in
Gmail interface), I was under the impression that Gmail only supported
labeling mails, not moving them, which means that they effectively all
stays in the inbox. But I will take a closer look, and thanks for the
tip on enabling 2.0 features. I'm sure I will find a way to solve this
now.

Rasmus