[MlMt] Configuring MailMate for showing messages not covered by any "rule" (or automatically move mails)

Wed Sep 24 03:24:29 EDT 2014

On 23 Sep 2014, at 23:05, Rasmus Møller Selsmark wrote:

> I'm using Gmail (company-wide solution, so cannot move to other
> provider) and would like to organize mails into folders/smart
> mailboxes. My workflow: Receives mails on approx. 20 different mailing
> lists, which I would like to automatically filter/move into
> folders/mailboxes. That seems to be easily configured using Smart
> Mailboxes.

Gmail supports server-side filtering. I suggest you create a filter
which moves these messages to a separate IMAP mailbox. You can then base
your smart folders on that (including the default Mailing Lists
mailbox).

(For the record, using the experimental 2.0 features in MailMate, you
can also use MailMate rules to move the messages if you like.)