[MlMt] Quote string on Reply messages

Mon Sep 15 14:25:06 EDT 2014

On 15 Sep 2014, at 17:54, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:

> So, what I did was
>
> 1. Quit MailMate
> 2. Issue the defaults statement
> 3. killall cfprefsd
> 4. Start MailMate
>
> When MailMate asks for the preferences, cfprefsd then had to reload
> them from disk.
>
> At least that is my interpretation of what is going on. In my very
> limited searching, I didn't see a way to tell cfprefsd to reload the
> settings.

I have never needed to do step 3. Not even if I did step 2 before step
1, but to be honest I have never read up on the details of how this is
working (and how/why it could fail). Your theory makes sense, but users
do not (at least not in general) have your problem. I don't know why.

In any case, I've seen other developers introduce a URL scheme for
setting/clearing (hidden) preferences. Eventually I should do that as
well since it would be much more user friendly. This would definitely
not require killing `cfprefsd`.