[MlMt] Limit text width for received format=flowed mails

Dato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sun Sep 14 17:35:39 EDT 2014

>> However: is there a way to specify the maximum width that should be
>> used when reflowing text? E.g. 66, or 72.
>>
>> At the moment it uses the full window width (as many other clients
>> do), which is usually too much.

> That doesn't quite make sense to me. Too much for what? Do you mean
> when displaying or when composing messages?
>
> The purpose of “format=flowed” is to get rid of hard-wrapping in
> emails (which is a bad thing) in a backwards compatible fashion.

Yes, I should have clarified: as the subject indicated, I meant only
when displaying incoming mail. Right now, MailMate reflows incoming mail
to occupy the whole width of the display pane; but I would like to see
shorter lines in reflowed text.

(As an additional clarification: I see that MailMate’s implementation
of outgoing mail uses a soft-wrap of 72 columns or so, which is a very
sensible default. My request, however, is not about this number, but
about how long the reflowed lines should be in displayed incoming
e-mail.)

Thanks!