[MlMt] Cannot connect to iCloud mailbox

Thu Oct 9 03:36:54 EDT 2014

On 8 Oct 2014, at 17:54, Kip DeGraaf wrote:

> Sorry, should have mentioned that in the previous posting.
>
> Build 4551 is what I was running.  I've grabbed 4555 this morning,
> made a new App-Specific Password, still unable to use iCloud mail.

> If it would help, I'm happy to give you a copy of the connection log
> from Apple Mail for my iCloud account.

No, it won't help me. `AUTH=ATOKEN` appears to be completely
undocumented and therefore not something I can use.

We can try taking MailMate out of the equation. Use Terminal to connect
to the server like this:

	openssl s_client -connect imap.mail.me.com:993

When it has connected then write the following with your login details:

	0 LOGIN username password

I have no problems with my own account, but I do not have two-step
verification enabled.