[MlMt] Using Gmail

Sat May 17 15:51:27 EDT 2014

On 16 May 2014, at 12:41, Gary Hull wrote:

> Tags are pretty much labels, but they don't map back and forth to
> Gmail.

To be precise, plain tags (IMAP keywords) actually do synchronize with
the server, but you cannot see them in the Gmail web interface unless
they have been configured in MailMate to map to explicit Gmail labels.

> (A question I just thought of: Are MailMate tags transferred up to
> IMAP servers and then down again to, for instance, another MailMate
> installation on another Macintosh?

Yes. As long as the servers support IMAP keywords (which most of them
do).

> To non-MailMate IMAP clients?)

Well, yes, but as far as I know most of them ignores custom IMAP
keywords except for a small hardcoded set.