[MlMt] Follow-up question on using Spamsieve with Mailmate

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Mar 31 11:44:02 EDT 2014

On 30 Mar 2014, at 23:05, Brad Knowles wrote:

> I have not yet quit using Mail.app, because I have yet to figure out
> how to take all my existing rules and bring them over to MailMate.

It was a hard choice to make, but I handled that (in my case a pile of
old Eudora rules that I'd half-translated into TBird...) by just
declaring client-side rule bankruptcy and rebuilding from scratch with a
mix of server-side delivery rules and a few MailMate smart mailboxes. If
you have a server-side filtering mechanism available to you and your
rules are mainly designed to sort mail into different piles as it
arrives, that really makes more sense than having a MUA do the work.