[MlMt] Junk Mail folder

Fri Mar 28 13:25:39 EDT 2014

On 28 Mar 2014, at 17:48, Jon Garrison wrote:

> Mailmate has created a top level "Junk" folder for both IMAP accounts
> I have that isn't a smart folder.
>
> How does this folder work? Are there rules that put mail in there,

No, messages are only moved to Junk if you have SpamSieve
installed/enabled.

> or is it mapped to any IMAP folder with "spam" in the name?

Yes, something like that. For each IMAP account MailMate first looks for
any mailbox explicitly assigned for junk (only few servers do this). If
that does not exist then MailMate guesses based on words like junk,
spam, and bulk. This is just a guess and within each IMAP account (under
SOURCES) you can override it by explicitly assigning the Junk mailbox
type to another IMAP mailbox.

> I thought it was keyed to the IMAP folder name, since it appeared to
> map to a folder that I had called "_spam_maybe" that was testing some
> procmail rules but I renamed it and it still appears under the Junk
> folder under mailboxes and the setting for Mailbox type is greyed out.

Also greyed out when selected within the IMAP account under SOURCES in
the mailbox outline?

Thanks for trying out MailMate.