[MlMt] Junk Mail folder

Jon Garrison bluegill at freeshell.org
Fri Mar 28 13:38:45 EDT 2014

On 28 Mar 2014, at 10:25, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2014, at 17:48, Jon Garrison wrote:
>
>> Mailmate has created a top level "Junk" folder for both IMAP accounts
>> I have that isn't a smart folder.
>>
>> How does this folder work? Are there rules that put mail in there,
>
> No, messages are only moved to Junk if you have SpamSieve
> installed/enabled.
>
>> or is it mapped to any IMAP folder with "spam" in the name?
>
> Yes, something like that. For each IMAP account MailMate first looks
> for any mailbox explicitly assigned for junk (only few servers do
> this). If that does not exist then MailMate guesses based on words
> like junk, spam, and bulk. This is just a guess and within each IMAP
> account (under SOURCES) you can override it by explicitly assigning
> the Junk mailbox type to another IMAP mailbox.
>
>> I thought it was keyed to the IMAP folder name, since it appeared to
>> map to a folder that I had called "_spam_maybe" that was testing some
>> procmail rules but I renamed it and it still appears under the Junk
>> folder under mailboxes and the setting for Mailbox type is greyed
>> out.
>
> Also greyed out when selected within the IMAP account under SOURCES in
> the mailbox outline?

After I renamed the folder (to "_frogs"), I was able to uncheck the type
under SOURCES. Once I changed it back to _spam_maybe it will not let me
uncheck it as Junk but will let me reclassify, but the other options
aren't applicable and there is no option for "none of the above."

This is all academic anyway since it was a folder for potential junk
mail so I am OK with the classification, but someone else might want the
option to have a folder with one of those keywords in it and have it not
classified.

> Thanks for trying out MailMate.

Your awesome support here in the mailing list tipped my over, I am going
to buy right now. I was only waiting to see if it went on sale before
the 30 days was up anyway!