[MlMt] External Editor To Compose Messages?

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Wed Mar 26 13:38:54 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM, TJ Luoma <luomat at gmail.com> wrote:
> (Aside: I think MultiMarkdown is the best of the bunch variant of the
> bunch, and should supersede Markdown itself. Gruber has pretty much
> let sit idle since it was created, which he apparently considers that
> a _feature_ of Markdown. MultiMarkdown supports Markdown itself, but
> adds proper footnotes and tables, which are needed for many users.)

A bit of navel gazing:

Primarily due to the tools I use having picked it, I'm rather a fan of
pandoc-flavored markdown:

http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/demo/example9/pandocs-markdown.html

A more nicely formatted version of that page is here:
http://rmarkdown.rstudio.com/authoring_pandoc_markdown.html

If I had to guess (and I shouldn't have to, as I could do the
comparisons myself given some time and motivation), I'd guess pandoc's
MM flavor will be a slight (but useful) superset to MMD so I thought
I'd just point it out in case others find it useful.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Computational Biologist