[MlMt] Markdown/HTML not available as alternatives for viewing?

Fri Jun 27 08:24:39 EDT 2014

On 27 Jun 2014, at 14:16, Kai von Fintel wrote:

> When I compose and send a markdown message with a generated HTML body
> part, the resulting message appropriately has two body parts

> I would have expected that when I view such a message (after I've
> cc'ed myself, for example), I could switch between viewing the two
> parts using the "View > Message Body Parts > Next Alternative" menu
> command. But it stubbornly shows me the HTML view and I do not get the
> plain text markdown view. Is there some preference that I've
> overlooked?

No, and it's kind of a bug. Originally, MailMate did not support
creating HTML at all. Markdown was a proof-of-concept with respect to
creating rich text emails without the use of HTML, but it relied on
receiving email clients to convert/display Markdown (therefore only
working for MailMate itself). When MailMate also became capable at
creating an HTML body part I didn't change how plain text (Markdown)
body parts were displayed (for various technical reasons it was
non-trivial).

The good news is that I've changed it now. I have also introduced a
toggle in the “View ▸ Message Body Parts” menu to control it. By
default, Markdown is not converted if the message contains an HTML body
part.

Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update
preferences pane.