[MlMt] Handling Multiple Identities

Ingo Lantschner lists14 at lantschner.name
Thu Jun 12 03:49:40 EDT 2014

Having read this [blog post about handling multiple identities][1] I
would ask for the following change:

If an Mailbox is offline, the from-address from that mailbox should
**not** be used - at least not as default - when composing new messages,
forwarding messages and even replying, should at least pop up a warning,
that I am sending from an offline-mialbox.

Why? As described in the above blog-post, if a growing company uses
different IMAP-accounts for different roles (sales and office e.g.) it
may happen, that one person temporarily works with both mailboxes
(holiday of the other person, ...). When switching back to normal
operation by setting the other mailbox to offline, Mailmate remembers
the last used from-address or by some other way the default for from is
an offline-mailbox now, which results in numerous confusions.

For us this change would be really important.

Thanks and kind regards, Ingo

[1]: http://blog.freron.com/2013/handling-multiple-identities/

--
Ingo Lantschner