[MlMt] Suddenly, all my emails are going to junk

Wed Jul 23 10:20:58 EDT 2014

On 23 Jul 2014, at 10:16, Simon Kaplan wrote:

> I've been using MM for a couple weeks now, and really loving it.  But
> just today, after I updated to the most recent version of SpamSieve,
> all my emails started going to junk and a look at SpamSieve's
> blacklist showed that all email addresses are being added to my
> blacklist.  I tried downgrading to the last non-beta release of
> SpamSieve and deleting the entries from my blacklist but that didn't
> help -- the addresses just get added as new messages come in...  Can
> anyone help/any suggestions for why this is happening?

I can tell you how it works in MailMate (and essentially also in Apple
Mail). The settings in the Security preferences pane determine which
messages are given to SpamSieve for analysis. Anything scoring above 50
(0-100) is marked as junk and moved to the “Junk” mailbox of the
account.

If you explicitly (or using a rule) move a message to “Junk” (or
mark it as junk) then MailMate also tells SpamSieve about this.

> (Curiously when I switched to Apple Mail and had it load the past 2
> weeks email, none of the 'good' messages went to Spam (which is what
> you'd expect, given all the spam had already been filtered).  So it
> looks like its a MM problem rather than a SpamSieve problem)

Since Apple Mail behaves differently then it sounds like you have some
kind of rule triggering MailMate to mark your messages as junk. Do you
have any rules defined in MailMate?

{Note: Slower responses during vacation.}