[MlMt] Smartbox rules fail to apply

Luca Allodi luca.allodi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 05:28:19 EDT 2014

Hi,

I like to keep my inbox as uncluttered as I can, and I have a number of
mechanisms in place to move mails around. One of those is a "default
archive" rule that should move all inbox messages older than 14 days in
the archive where other stuff happens.

To implement this I created a smart folder that includes all messages in
the inbox whose date is more than 14 days old. There is only one
(unconditional) action that is "Move to Mailbox"->"Archive".

This works well most of the time, but sometimes it just stops working. I
find lots of emails (now are 38) in the smart folder. If I select them
and do "Apply Rules", they are moved to the Archive. Sometimes to have
all of them moved I have to do "Apply Rules" multiple times.

I am on 4374.

      Luca

--
http://disi.unitn.it/~allodi