[MlMt] Moving large IMAP folders

Kee Hinckley kee+freron at hinckley.com
Fri Jan 3 11:08:28 EST 2014

Is there in fact an underlying IMAP command to move a folder hierarchy (as opposed to rename)? Or if I tell MailMate to move a folder, is it going to copy and delete?

Having imported a few gig or so of local email, I now want to reorganize, and I'm trying to figure out the most optimal way. I can do it via MailMate, or I could do it via my webmail interface, where the move would be efficient, but then MailMate might download everything all over again. Is one way going to be better than another? If both ways are going to result in copying data, it seems like the server case might be the most efficient.

--iPhoned