[MlMt] Spinning beachball

Sat Feb 22 00:46:00 EST 2014

On 21 Feb 2014, at 10:40, mail at assai.com.au wrote:

> Over the last week or so MailMate has become sluggish.
>
> -	unresponsive while checking email
> -	when opening a "reply", takes a 2-3 seconds before it lets me type
> text into the reply mail
> -	takes 2-3 seconds to send a message, sometimes accompanied by the
> beach ball.

This sounds similar to what is reported by another user in [this
ticket](http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/640), but
I'm not sure it's the same issue.

> My next steps would be a safe reboot. Also, console shows a lot of
> Avast! complaints. But before going further, I thought I'd check that
> this wasn't the result of some background update?

No, MailMate asks you before updating and I can see you are still on
r3905. You can try updating to the latest beta (Software Update
preferences pane), but I doubt that is going to fix it. If you can
easily reproduce the delays then you could use the Activity Monitor
(/Applications/Utilities) to create a sample of the process which
includes one of these delays. Alternatively, sample MailMate from the
Terminal like this (5 seconds in this case):

	sample MailMate 5 > ~/Desktop/mailmate_sample.txt

Send the result using “Help ▸ Send Feedback” in MailMate. Thanks
in advance.