[MlMt] Spinning beachball

mail at assai.com.au mail at assai.com.au
Sat Feb 22 07:01:30 EST 2014

Hi Benny

> This sounds similar to what is reported by another user in [this
> ticket](http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/640)

Yep, that does sound like a similar problem. And the timing is about
right too. When I look at my Console, I see lot of messages like this
one:

> 22/02/2014 10:55:35.000 pm kernel[0]: The USB device Apple Internal
> Keyboard / Trackpad (Port 5 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a
> wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

When I plug that into google, I get conversations like this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5509561?tstart=0
So that might be related too.

> No, MailMate asks you before updating and I can see you are still on
> r3905.

I have my "Ask before downloading updates" pref unchecked, so I expect
updates without notice. I have changed the preferences now to include
Betas.

I'll run the Terminal instruction you recommended and send it to you in
the next few minutes.

Thanks

David