[MlMt] SmartMailbox configuration glitch?

AC-Martin amd at maclink.me
Thu Dec 11 06:21:56 EST 2014

On 11 Dec 2014, at 4:53, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> You should probably change that to “Recipient ▸ Address”. It
> does not work perfectly though since the submailbox feature does not
> yet handle multi-value headers very well.

This is true.

* I discovered that I have to exit and restart MailMate every time I
change the Mailbox name format string.

* I also have a single message in my sent folder with about 50
recipients defined in the To: header.  I see what you mean about
multi-value handling not being handled very well. This is why I prefer
using domains since it decreases that effect. Maybe something like for
over 10 recipients, just define it as group message or something.

> You should just clear the field and it'll default to the submailbox
> popup value.

If I clear the field, the default string appears, though greyed out. If
I exit the Mailbox setup dialog and reopen, the string that appears is
${from.address}.  Strange, but that's it here.  But then after
restarting MailMate, I can no longer reproduce this issue.

> You might want the name instead though:
>
> ${#recipient.name}

Yes, but chaos ensues when I have a message with many in the To: field.
:)

> I'm unable to reproduce that. If it's reproducible for you, could you
> then send me a note off list with the exact steps to do this?

Not reproducible now.

—
Curtis acm