[MlMt] SmartMailbox configuration glitch?

Thu Dec 11 15:09:19 EST 2014

On 11 Dec 2014, at 12:21, AC-Martin wrote:

> * I discovered that I have to exit and restart MailMate every time I
> change the Mailbox name format string.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I could also trigger it to update by
enabling/disabling submailboxes for accounts (the bottom most option in
the window). I've noted it as a bug.

> * I also have a single message in my sent folder with about 50
> recipients defined in the To: header.  I see what you mean about
> multi-value handling not being handled very well. This is why I prefer
> using domains since it decreases that effect. Maybe something like for
> over 10 recipients, just define it as group message or something.

I think it would be better if I just improved it to handle multi value
headers (it is also needed for better handling of tags).

>> You should just clear the field and it'll default to the submailbox
>> popup value.
>
> If I clear the field, the default string appears, though greyed out.
> If I exit the Mailbox setup dialog and reopen, the string that appears
> is ${from.address}.  Strange, but that's it here.  But then after
> restarting MailMate, I can no longer reproduce this issue.

Note that the text field probably has to be committed (hitting enter)
before closing the window.

>> I'm unable to reproduce that. If it's reproducible for you, could you
>> then send me a note off list with the exact steps to do this?
>
> Not reproducible now.

Nevertheless, based on the crash report I think I've fixed it for the
next update.