[MlMt] MailSteward

Wed Apr 23 08:13:03 EDT 2014

On 23 Apr 2014, at 6:14, Billy Youdelman wrote:

> On 22 Apr 2014, at 20:01 MST, hargrove wrote:
>
>> What do I need to change in MailSteward to get it to read my email
>> from Mailmate? Or have I missed something obvious?
>
> After a quick look at the docs, it appears it only directly supports
> Apple's Mail.  For other user agents, you'd have to first export mail
> into mbox files, then import those into MailSteward.  See page 33 of
> this -

I believe MailSteward supports watching a folder on disk for new
messages (which are then imported and deleted). This can be used
together with the “Export to Folder” action available in the
experimental rules feature in MailMate. In other words, it should be
possible to do as follows in MailMate:

* Create an IMAP mailbox in MailMate which could be named MailSteward.
* Add a rule to the MailSteward mailbox. The rule should just have an
“Export to Folder” action (which is then applied to all messages
added to the mailbox).
* Make MailSteward watch the same folder.

Optionally, add an action to also move the message to “Deleted
Messages” if the messages should be deleted in MailMate.

Remember to enable 2.0 features in the General preferences pane to make
rules available.

I have not tested the above.