[MlMt] MailSteward

Gustavo Daniel Villarreal irongus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 19:30:08 EDT 2014

On 23 Apr 2014, at 7:13, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> I believe MailSteward supports watching a folder on disk for new
> messages (which are then imported and deleted). This can be used
> together with the “Export to Folder” action available in the
> experimental rules feature in MailMate. In other words, it should be
> possible to do as follows in MailMate:
> \* Create an IMAP mailbox in MailMate which could be named
> MailSteward.
> \* Add a rule to the MailSteward mailbox. The rule should just have an
> “Export to Folder” action (which is then applied to all messages
> added to the mailbox).
> \* Make MailSteward watch the same folder.
> Optionally, add an action to also move the message to “Deleted
> Messages” if the messages should be deleted in MailMate.
> Remember to enable 2.0 features in the General preferences pane to
> make rules available.
> I have not tested the above.

Just to confirm that this works. And it also works on Smart Folders (the
way i'm doing it since I already had the Smart Folder and need to filter
message age, unread status, flaggeds, etc.) I'm not sure when the Rules
are being triggered with the Smart Folder but I can see that messages
appear on the Export folder by themselves without me checking the Smart
Folder or even focusing MailMate, which is surprising but welcomed.